Friday, January 29, 1993

CROSSES


The pain within my heart it grows
Jesus is the one who knows,
my inward tears are filling up
all my secret recesses to the top.

The pains are sometimes long and sharp
that pierce and maim my very heart,
my life with problems overflowing
I try to keep them lord from showing.

I must keep on going with my cross
for in the end all won’t be lost,
long ago You trudged to Calvary
with Your Cross, and wounds and misery.

No one was gentle, no one was kind
Your mother’s grief always on Your mind,
Your heart so broken by man’s rejection
by the ones who were Your first selection.

But Your love was great, and Your mercy deep
the third day Your promise You did keep,
You rose in glorious, heavenly light
You opened Your home to all the contrite.

So when I suffer and feel adrift
I think of Your love and relief is swift,
in my sorrows I am never alone
as I wait Your longed for plea–come home.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Jan. 29, 1993

No comments: