Friday, July 2, 1993

THE GIFT OF SOULS


No matter how I try to praise
when to the heavens my arms I raise,
my murmuring’s–inadequate
don’t seem to fill my need as yet.

You do so much for me in every way
how can one simple human ever repay,
for the wings of love that help me soar
creating desire for ever more.

The desire to give with heavenly zeal
what You ask me to give, so all may feel,
Your love joined to theirs kindling, a Holy Fire
lifting them out of darkness and mire.

Take my hands and use them, may they never show wrath
make my feet to walk only on Your path,
may my eyes never be blinded, to the needs of mankind
may my smile be Your smile, so all can find....

The reflection of Jesus in me, the least of His flock
the seed of faith planted, embedded in rock,
I know now, what I, must have as my goal
to do Your work and give You, The Gift of Souls.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
July 02, 1993

No comments: