Sunday, November 26, 2006

MY FAVOURITE TIME


It’s just at the fine line drawn
between the night and day,
let it last a moment longer
for this Oh Lord I pray.

Let the softness of the night’s breath
wash o’er my rested soul,
and fill me with what’s needed
on this journey to my goal.

As the blushing sun a-rising
kisses all to start the day,
fill me Lord with thankfulness
for all creation, Lord I pray.

As the day lamp rises higher
Your hand moves on canvas bright,
painting all of daytime’s features
ever glorious in our sight.

I revel in Your handiwork
as far as eye can see,
and I’m awed to think, Almighty God
that You’d have done it just for me.

This precious time I keep for us, Oh God
to share our love as one,
to touch our hearts together
at the rising of the sun.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Nov. 26, 2006

No comments: