Monday, May 24, 1993

A MEETING WITH THE SPIRIT


It all started with a wonderful ride
a wedge of friends on either side,
we prayed the Rosary, sang many a hymn
to prepare our spirits for the presence of Him.
Who would make us soar to heavenly heights
put all worries and troubles out of sight.
His people were many, packed shoulder to knee
their faces full of His love for all to see.
I met a new friend, she sat next to me
her eyes full of tears and misery.
She cried and was sad, my heart strings did tub
I put arms around her and gave her a hug.
She told me she loved me, I said I love you too,
so we exchanged addresses and a story or two.
The Spirit flowed freely from each of the speakers,
a healing balm for each and every seeker.
Every heart, every soul, lifted up by the singing
the vibrations of which, in my ears is still ringing.
Two ladies anointed my head and my palms,
I told them of pain I’ve carried so long.
They laid hands upon me, and prayed with such zeal,
oh the wonderful things I started to feel.
My heart fluttered, then pounded in each fingertip,
I was pleasantly breathless, needing no drug for this trip.
Tiny shocks were passing from her hand to mine,
the peace and release were oh so sublime.
All through the Mass, my inner being was trembling
what a joy to be in, this unified assembling,
of His people who, are all in accord,
loving and serving the Almighty Lord.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
May 24, 1993

No comments: