Tuesday, July 5, 1994

GIFTS OF LOVE


As I sit and contemplate
all the good things God did make,
my eyes do soar up to the sky
and watch His creatures as they fly.

Then to the tops of varied trees
that in His blessed-cooling breeze,
play songs that make my heart to sing
and calm me, take away life’s sting.

The birds that decorate its limbs
all sing to You their sweetest hymns,
the daisies in the field do sway
try to lift their heads above the hay.

In my garden can be seen
every different shade of green,
and every seed becomes a shoot
and grows from leaf to precious fruit.

Then all around and everywhere
You put my neighbour so we’d share,
abundant gifts and talents given
by a loving Father who lives in heaven.

Who on us all, has kept His gaze
and sent the Light to show the ways,
to better run the holy race
and win the vision of His face.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
July 05, 1994

No comments: