Friday, December 15, 1995

LET GO....LET GOD


As I gaze out my window
on a grey and wintry morn,
I spy a solitary leaf
freeze-dried, of beauty shorn.

It trembles in the cold wind
and to its branch does cling,
in loneliness, and frigid fear
of what the future soon will bring.

To let go means to let the wind
blow it where it’s never been,
to places strange and far away
to a new world yet unseen.

I too, at times feel all alone
in a desert dry and cold,
afraid to change or reach out
to a future yet untold.

I stay with feet firm planted
in what is sure and safe,
afraid to step out, into something new
lest my foot, I sorely chafe.

Let go, oh leaf, oh fearful soul
let go so you can live,
in the fullness of the Spirit
take in all the love He gives.

The wind will only blow you
to the Cross on Calvary’s hill,
so you can have eternal life
and fulfill the Father’s Will.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Dec. 15, 1995

No comments: