Sunday, September 20, 1992

THE BLOOMING


In nature first there is the seed
and then comes sun and shower,
on earth’s good things it slowly feeds
then comes the bud and flower.

In my soul there was a seed
that from my conception,
started to grow so very slow
reaching for perfection.

It soon became a little sprout
at a slow and steady pace,
in time it would grow larger
with His love and with His grace.

When I was six my first communion
brought His light to shine in me,
then the miracle of the bud
was there for all to see.

And with my confirmation
when I could read and write,
I started more to understand
His power and His might.

In my teens the earthly things
took over one by one,
they formed a dark and troubled cloud
blocking out the Son.

But His gifts they kept on flowing
as steady as the rain,
He never did forget me
He loved me just the same.

When I was much older
it seemed something was lacking,
then The Word came shining through
in my faith I had been slacking.

I started then to listen
I started then to see,
I asked the Holy Spirit
to enter in, to feed me.

And now I have commenced to bloom
my face turned to the Son,
His breath, the wind that moves me
one with Him I have become.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Sept. 20, 1992

No comments: