Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THE ALPHA EXPERIENCE


When I walked in the door I was greeted
with smiles and hugs, by the group gathered round,
and my heart leapt with the joy of the Spirit
for these new friends that I had just found.

I sensed something good was beginning
that would always remain in my heart,
at the banquet we broke bread together
and with that we made a good start.

The videos so light and appealing
replete with truth, from the Lord most high,
each week fills our hearts with gladness
of its enlightenment, none could deny.

In small groups we all got together
to share what we found to be,
a meeting of hearts, minds and spirits
of getting Lord, closer to Thee.

Our leaders were full of the Spirit
as they guided us to our goal,
that of knowing and serving our Saviour
who dwells in our hearts and our souls.

We found each of our lives had sameness
each had their joys, and sorrows and fear,
if we ask He will give us the courage
to go forward in faith, to see clear.

Then on the day of The Spirit
peace and joy came the whole day long,
as praise and prayer were lifted higher
to our God, for whom they belong.

Then came the time, of our final meeting
feelings mixed as we lingered to say...
keep in touch, I’ll miss you, Merry Christmas
in fond memories you ever will stay.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Dec. 19, 2006

No comments: