Tuesday, January 2, 2007

THE BOOK OF DAYS


The hands of the clock have ticked their last
as this year becomes a thing of the past.
Before moving on, we stop for a look
back to the memories that fill this old book.

Now it’s time to move on
there are new pages to fill,
to succumb to the Hand
our life’s stories His will.

Making resolutions by habit
to improve this problem or that,
sometimes we really do make it
sometimes we fall flat.

Weight lost, then regained
causes many a frown,
bad habits erased
again, I’ve let myself down.

I’ve tried to be happy
by trying to please,
everyone else’s idea
of who and what I should be.

Now it’s time, as I see it
to take from each day,
what the Lord has perfected
I’ll do it His way.

His gifts of faith, hope and love
each blessing, each grace,
His mercy, forgiveness
I’ll forever embrace.

With gifts such as these
I can never go wrong,
this new book will be written
filled with praise and with song.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Jan. 02, 2007

No comments: