Monday, January 29, 2007

BREATHLESS


It was way back in 56
that my life took a nasty turn,
one day I was well, then I had a spell
a new way would have to be learned.

There was no dancing for me
no running, no climbing the stairs
I was hindered in all of the things that I tried
of hard lessons was becoming aware.

The attacks were so many
each ragged breath left me drained,
panicking, I struggled to breathe
but the effort caused me such pain.

My lungs felt like balloons
that were ready to pop,
oh God in Your mercy
won’t You please make it stop.

I feared I would die
to our God I asked why
can You heal me a little
oh please won’t You try.

He gave to me much easier days
He answered His child’s simple prayer,
He’s watched over me, though I didn’t see
He in truth, had always been there.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Jan. 29, 2007

No comments: