Saturday, January 20, 2007

NO OTHER GODS


I love Your laws oh God
they’re written on my heart,
with the ink of love and mercy
right from the very start.

You ask us Lord to keep You
as our One and Only God,
to love and serve You always
in Your commands to ever trod.

In these days of our forgetfulness
as our hearing of Your Word,
is drowned out by noise, false teachings
that You no longer can be heard.

For some, their gods are talk show hosts
and gurus from the east,
they no longer seek Your banquet
on the TV they do feast.

They follow every phony doctrine
led by the blind and deaf,
they trust not in Your Holy Word
of all that’s truth, bereft.

The turn from You was subtle
a little at a time,
they don’t know what’s happened to them
to evil’s voice they’re so inclined.

Protect us Lord from those who try
to blur the lines between,
Your truths, and Satan’s evil lies
to decipher what they mean.

You are my first choice and my last
You are all I need to be,
a joyful child of God the Father
worldly idols, not for me.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Jan. 20, 2007

No comments: