Tuesday, April 24, 2007

RIVER OF LIFE


As life’s waters flow around me
at times I’m all adrift,
without an oar or paddle
of all aid I am bereft.

Like a weathered leaf I’m tossed
sinking, rising in the foam,
no one knowing of my plight
I suffer it alone.

Where will this river take me
when will this journey cease,
I’m caught in spinning eddies
with no sign of relief.

If you were perchance to meet me
there is no way you could tell,
of what lies below the surface
of this faulty human shell.

Sometimes the hurts are just too deep
I can’t speak the words aloud,
so I wear my mask and cover up
my countenance from the crowd.

Some day with Your help Oh Lord
I’ll speak my piece to those concerned,
and they will finally know my woundedness
I pray lessons will be learned.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Apr. 24, 2007

No comments: