Monday, April 9, 2007

WEAK MOMENTS


My discomfort Lord has daily grown
the pain keeps mounting higher,
there’s no position that gives relief
from these fingers of burning fire.

I’m drawn between two choices
one, to suffer Lord with Thee,
for all the wrongs now in the world
to share Your Cross on Calvary.

The second choice comes from the flesh
oh Lord of all pain to be free,
I’m so tired of the burden
can You understand my plea?

I feel so guilty to back away
from the promise I once gave,
to offer all my suffering
for the sins mankind has made.

Oh God I offer You my weaknesses
all that’s dark and selfish, wrong,
I leave it all within Your hands
it’s the place where they belong.

Help me Lord to do Your will
to live for just the now,
not to worry about what’s to come
only You can show me how.

Please forgive my times of feebleness
when I try to change Your will,
I’m the least of all Your children
all my emptiness please fill.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Apr. 09, 2007

No comments: