Saturday, March 31, 2007

PSALM OF AN OPEN HEART


You gave to me an open heart
for all who come to call,
to welcome and enfold them
to love them one and all.

I’ve done my best throughout the years
to follow where You lead,
it hasn’t been an easy road
it’s been hard to plant the seed.

For the ground’s become more barren
the good slowly filtered out,
the sower of His choking weeds
has strewn them all about.

The good soil has become so sparse
it’s in pockets here and there,
it will never be extinguished
for it’s in the Master’s care.

When we become Your labourers
isolated by our choice,
some think we’re high and mighty
and discontentment they do voice.

I know I can’t please everyone
it was the same for You,
my heart will, be ever open
in Your service my life through.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Mar. 31, 2007

No comments: