Thursday, March 29, 2007

WHO I AM


In the eyes of the world I am a woman,
a house wife and a mother. I am a Catholic,
and I am interested in many things such as,
I love to cook and clean often passing by the cleaned
area to see what a good job I did, a bit of pride there.
I love babies and old people and love to do things to make
them happy. The elderly are full of knowledge, some of it
maybe forgotten but what remains is a lesson for our ears.
I love to hear about the ‘good old days’, and our parents filled
our eager ears with many a tale. I find all people interesting,
no matter what colour or creed. Their cultures, their habits,
the ‘whys’, the ‘wherefores’ what makes up their daily lives.
More than likely they have good days and bad days like the rest of us.
I guess you could say I have an ingrown curiosity about a lot of things.
Our world is a beautiful place created by the One True God. Sometimes
though I find it a hard place to live when mankind seems to be doing all in
its power to reek havoc on all that is good. I do realize there is a lot of good
still manifesting itself , but when all we see or read in the media proves the
opposite to be true, we begin to wonder just what is happening in the region of
people’s hearts. It appears the ice age has returned to mankind and their frozen
hearts can’t function in the manner God intended. If we want things to get back
to times when compassion was the norm, when empathy dwelled among us, and sharing
was done without thought, it was just something you did, we must start to
realize Who we are in Christ, not the world. The first thing being the fact that
I am God’s child, and He loves me with an everlasting love. He knew me before I
was born, and He loves me just the way I am. I am loveable and beautiful and have
infinite worth. Without me, creation would not be complete and I am unique.
He lives in me and I in Him. He wants me to live fully and abundantly and He sets
me free and fills me with joy. It is by His grace alone that He gives me life. I
accept all that He gives me and I thank Him for the real person I am.
All those who read these words, acknowledge that it’s true for the whole
family of God everywhere in all His Creation.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Mar. 29, 2007

No comments: