Saturday, March 24, 2007

What Happened?


It seems that not that long ago
sanity was to be found,
as of late those in high places
have run it out of town.

I was growing up in my town
back some fifty years ago,
Tweed was a haven for all families
a better place we’d never know.

Life went at a slower pace
days were filled up to the brim,
our neighbours knit into our lives
every day they fit right in.

Today, I sit out on my porch
alone a long time I will be,
at all hours neighbours come and go
they have no time for me.

Once right was right and wrong was wrong
now all is upside down,
they tell us we can’t pray in school
yet what they teach has made God frown.

They are pushing their agendas
filled with darkness and with lies,
spinning webs to trap God’s children
if we don’t open up our eyes.

Oh you who love your children
take a stand, put up a fight,
don’t let them steal their little minds
as parents you have rights.

It’s God’s agenda we must follow
keep Him always in our sight,
He’ll lead us into victory
and take away this dark, dark night.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Mar. 24, 2007

No comments: