Tuesday, March 20, 2007

ROLES I’VE PLAYED


First I was a gift of joy
parental love had summoned me,
God sent me from His Kingdom
to be part of their family.

In retrospect I see now
I was a link in their chain of love,
as new links were added on
we were strengthened from above.

As I grew and played my part as a child
the sweetest role as yet to play,
I made the most of daylight hours
wasted not God’s gift of days.

As a teen my role was harder
as sickness took its toll,
hindered from this time of growing
I could never have foretold.

Down the bumpy road of illness
I took my first scary steps,
endless days of gasping for a breath
I felt useless and inept.

I had to change my way of living
adjusted soon to a new way,
slower paced and doing oft without
what other teens lived out each day.

In spite of all this illness
I grew in my own way,
my life was different but still good
as I turned to God and prayed.







This act of praying, my saving grace
gave me the strength to carry on,
like He said, He’s always with us
everyday and then beyond.

At the age of 25
I met the one whom I would share,
my life until our final day
go with him everywhere.

So wife became my new role
which was blessed by God’s own hand,
and to this day He’s with us
joined with Him, we take our stand.

Before long mother was my title
four times this miracle came to be,
we marvelled at their littleness
little angels born to me.

They got the sicknesses of children
measles, mumps and chicken pox,
they fell like so many dominoes
it was then I nursed my flock.

On and on the story goes
as is with all our lives,
I wait in hope to be awarded
God’s promises, the prize.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Mar. 20, 2007

No comments: