Wednesday, February 28, 2007

BEFORE THE DAWN


Before the dawn awakens
to a bright new day,
I seek You out Lord Jesus
my prayers to You I say.

In the early morning’s silence
in Your presence I must be,
to feed upon Your every Word
store it deep inside of me.

I couldn’t live this life You’ve given
without the treasure of Your Word,
to know Your every promise
in our hearts and ears be heard.

To learn the lessons You have given
to help us grasp Your ways,
to follow You in faith and trust
give to You our hymns of praise.

For Your way is the only one
that leads to heaven’s gate,
filled with Your Word, anticipating
all Your Promises await.

Then the day will surely come
when my soul at last departs,
from the tomb that’s been its dwelling place
to live eternity in Your Heart.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Feb. 28, 2007

No comments: