Friday, February 23, 2007

VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES


For the most part of my life
I’ve looked on as from afar,
not feeling oneness with my peers
with them, never on a par.

I’ve tried to find the reasons
why I should feel this way,
but there have been no answers
even to this very day.

It has held me back from being
who I really truly am,
and caused me many self doubts
in this life that seemed a sham.

I was not an ugly duckling
I was not a beauty queen,
but somewhere in the middle
at least to me it seemed.

As I stood alone and fearful
as no one took the time to see,
that I had so much to offer
but they chose to exclude me.

Maybe, when they looked my way
they saw my fear and doubt,
and chose the ones more frivolous
and rarely asked me out.

Some took the chance and looked my way
but mostly then I found,
they didn’t really want to know me
their intentions were not sound.

I began to finally see
I was not like the rest,
I wanted someone true and faithful
who would be for me the best.

In earnest I commenced to pray
asked Him to intercede,
bring to me the one You’ve chosen
who will fulfill my every need.

You answered every aspect
of this my fervent prayer,
and our union’s been cemented
with the love of God we share.

It had always been Your plan
to bring me to the place,
where I would find my one and only
true happiness to ever taste.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Feb. 23, 2007

No comments: