Saturday, February 17, 2007

TRUST, REWARDED


I see You my God and Father
more than in my early years,
as giver of all heaven’s gifts
and the eraser of my fears.

For as the years have flowed at times
full of turbulence or peace,
in painful slowness I began to learn
that my trust in You, must increase.

As I searched through the archives
of all past memories,
what I found dearest Father
brought me quickly to my knees.

You had been right there beside me
and not yet had I learned
of Your faithfulness and mercy
of trust not yet discerned.

More times than not my prayers were answered
as sometimes the answer’s no,
but then You fulfilled another dream
Your love for me to show.

When we are afraid and drifting
upon life’s stormy sea,
listen to His gentle words
“put your trust in me.”

The rewards will be a hundred fold
and the truth you’ll come to see,
that God loves it when we say to Him
“Lord, I put my trust in Thee.”

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Feb. 17, 2007

No comments: