Monday, February 26, 2007

TRAVELLING COMPANIONS


I was blessed in a time of trouble
You sent Lynda to my side,
she stood her ground beside me
when I sank beneath the tide.

She’d pick me up with loving words
and hold and comfort me,
she never preached or scolded
but listened, attentively.

She massaged my wounded body
with her understanding ways,
her words, the soothing balm I needed
to lead me to a better day.

Her past had made it possible
to see into my heart,
for she herself was wounded
and had to make a brand new start.

She understood my misery
she saw what others could not see,
with angel’s wings, she flew to my side
her heart of gold to beat for me.

She’s my sister now forever
always in each others care,
and I thank You God for sharing
this angel who’s beyond compare.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Feb. 26, 2007

No comments: