Monday, February 12, 2007

PRAISES IN THE NIGHT


I have come oh God in the night, to where You dwell
at the centre of my being. I seek You Lord in the
softness of the night to tell You of my love and to thank You
for the bountiful gifts You rain down upon me from heaven’s heights.
Oh that all would know You thus. In the day with the hustle
and bustle of life, any such thoughts would be drowned out by
the noise of this modern world, hence Your peace and joy are
hidden under this din that envelopes us and I say to You Lord,
“in Your mercy, hear my prayer”, and let me feel Your presence this
night and always:
My Lord and my God, my King and Saviour, my Redeemer and my Beloved,
I love You with all of me, but it is still just a drop in the ocean of Your great love.
How I long to love You more and to receive more of Your Love, but Lord,
how can I endure more? My weak and sinful being feels as if it will break
under the weight of Your Agape Love. I am totally filled with Your Mercy
and Your forgiveness. I am an open vessel to receive all from out Your
hands and though You fill me, I hunger still for more. I can never get enough
of Your abundant gifts and blessings. I thank You Lord, for all the things
You grant me here on earth every day, and I long for the day when You
will finally call me to join in the banquet of the Lamb and I will see You
face to face and realize at last the fruits of living my life, to the best of my
ability, doing Your Holy Will. I thank You for the gift of joy that reigns
ever in my heart, Your Word and Your Eucharist are the food that my soul
longs for and which keep me ever longing for more. Write on my heart and
mind with Your most Precious Blood, all Your truths so that I may assist You
in bringing all Your Lambs back into the fold. I ask this Lord in the name of
Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary and guided by the Holy Spirt.
Amen.

Margaret Rose Larrivee
Feb. 12,2007

No comments: